- Increasing the share of women employed in industrial sector;
- Attracting girls to technical occupations;
- Increasing the number of socially significant projects run by women;
- Involvement of women in industrial projects at the regional level.
In the age of digitalization and automation, opportunities for girls in the industrial sector are increasing. Women demonstrate a high level of education and clearly identify professional and career interests..
Over the past 3 years, from 2016 to 2018, there has been an increase in the number of women graduating in technical and industrial fields of higher education: from 29.1 to 35%. It is planned to increase this figure by 2.5% by 2021.
From 2016 to 2018, there was also an increase in the number of female prize winners (bronze, silver and gold medalists) of the national championship of versatile professions in high-tech industries using the WorldSkills (WorldSkills Hi-Tech) method: from 12.9 to 18.7%. By 2021, it is planned to increase this figure to 27.5 per cent by expanding the list of women's qualifications.
The WBI Women Entrepreneurship Index, which shows the level of business and social environment for the development of women's entrepreneurship in Russia, has grown by 2.5 p.p. over the past three years.
However, the share of women in manufacturing has not shown any growth. From 2016 to 2018, this figure fell by 0.1%. It is planned to increase it by 1.7% by 2021 (from 38.4% in 2018 to 39.1% by 2021). This requires the greatest possible involvement of women in industry. There are areas where female labout is more in demand than male. These include the light and food industries, the timber industry, radio electronics and the creative industries.
- regular monitoring of women's employment in manufacturing organizations;
- Analysis of the role and place of women in industry, taking into account international experience;
- building systemic work with the leading technical universities of the country;
- attracting schoolgirls to open days at technical universities and female university students for career days, as well as for open days at industrial enterprises;
- creation of a list of qualifications to conduct a pilot project within the WorldSkills championship to invite girl participants;
- implementation of joint projects in the field of sustainable industrialization and "green" technologies, digitalization of industry and development of electronic trading platforms;
- implementation of technical cooperation projects in the field of creative industries, including handicrafts and tourism services;
- implementation of the Concept of Supporting Territories for Preservation and Development of Traditions and Ways of Life;
- holding a round table within the 45th WorldSkills Championship to approve the list of women's qualifications;
- Holding an international conference on "Empowering Girls and Women in the Context of Digitalization and the Fourth Industrial Revolution by Developing Skills" and an expert discussion on "Creative Industries Territories and Clusters as Resources for Development" in the framework of the Global Summit on Production and Industrialization (GMIS) in 2019;
- an extended session of the Women's Council under the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation on Popularization of Industrial Occupations among Women and an expert discussion on Territories of Preservation and Development of Traditions and Ways of Life as a Model of a Strategy for Spatial Development as part of the Role of Women in the Development of Industrial Regions Women's Forum in Novokuznetsk.
Project partners (incl. prospective):
- Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation;
- Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation;
- Ministry of Construction and Housing and Communal Services of the Russian Federation;
- Ministry of Agriculture of the Russian Federation;
- Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation;
- Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation;
- Ministry of Labour and Social Protection of the Russian Federation;
- World Crafts Council;
- WorldSkills Foundation;
- WorldSkills Russia;
- WorldSkills champions;
- MSP Corporation;
- industrial holdings, corporations and enterprises.